It was predictable, but still despicable.
Hillary and the Congressional Democrats claim that fewer people would have died if the murderer had used a “silencer.”
They show their ignorance on this issue in ways too numerous to count. (I used the word “ignorance” rather than “stupidity” because it’s more polite.)
Trending: Leftists Fools Await New Congress
We’ll just look at a few of the more obvious:
- “Silencers” don’t silence. It’s not like James Bond, Hillary, where a gunshot sounds like a whisper. The actual name is “suppressor” because it suppresses the muzzle flash, making it harder for the enemy to see where the shot came from in a combat situation.
- The sound of the gunshot is suppressed somewhat – but not that much. The Washington Post did a fact check on this issue, and has a video online that compares a suppressed carbine versus one that is not suppressed. See the small difference for yourself.
- Suppressors have a short lifespan. On a handgun, the rubber rings (called baffles) inside the suppressor become ineffective after a small number of rounds pass through them. On a full-auto weapon like the ones used in Las Vegas, the rubber would literally melt after a few seconds.
- Even if the guns had been suppressed, and if the suppressors had worked as designed, the echoes of the gunfire itself and the strikes against hard surfaces were greatly magnified by the area, which was surrounded by tall buildings which produced a canyon effect.
- The sound of the explosion as the firing pin hits the ammo is not the only sound. The other sound comes from the bullet breaking the sound barrier as it approaches its target. A suppressor doesn’t affect that at all.
Suppressors are most effective where the weapon is being fired – not at long distances. The reason the NRA backs the use of these devices is to protect the hearing of cops and gun enthusiasts who fire many rounds in the close quarters of gun ranges. Cops are required to practice shooting regularly. Target shooters enjoy the sport. Neither group wants suppressors to help them commit crimes. In fact, NRA members are some of the most law-abiding and patriotic citizens in America.
In short, suppressors would have made little or no difference in the sound of the gunshots. And people tend to move rapdly when they see people falling and bleeding from gunshots. This whole issue is a smokescreen. As Obama’s former Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel , famously said, “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”
It was predictable, but no less despicable, that the Democrats would use the death, pain and grief of the Las Vegas Massacre to score political points.
This article was originally published at www.ConservativeTruth.org
PLEASE LIKE US AT www.Facebook.com/DrTomTV
The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author and are not not necessarily either shared or endorsed by iPatriot.com.