You cannot trust Politifact, Snopes, or just about any other “fact-checking” organization. Why? Because none of them are truly non-partisan, all of them have bias and those biases always filter down to their analysis. You have to be your own “fact-checker” on everything these days.
However, the fact-checkers at Politifact (and Snopes) are particularly untrustworthy because they are (and analysis has shown) nakedly partisan. The fact checkers at these organizations are dyed-in-the-wool liberals and their “fact-checks” almost always bear this out.
Thankfully, we can prove their partisanship fairly easily thanks to the Internet. See here, where analysis shows that Politifact says Democrats are mostly honest and Republicans are mostly liars. Or see here, where U.S. News and World Reports analyzes a study that shows Politifact is biased against Republicans.
Or you can see this story from the Daily Wire where John Nolte proves that you can’t trust Politifact.
1. You can keep your insurance under ObamaCare
2. Illegal Aliens are not criminals.
3. Hillary didn’t lie. But the mother who lost her son at Benghazi probably did.
4. Trump’s National Debt numbers are correct, but he still lied.
5. Trump quoted Hillary verbatim but is still lying about what she said.
6. Democrats who sat during a Navy SEAL tribute were not seated.
7. The shrinking Democrat Party is not shrinking.
9. Obama did not go on an international apology tour.
10. Reporting accurate numbers about the Clinton Foundation’s lack of charitable giving is lying.
11. Quoting accurate numbers about the number of women who lost their jobs during the Obama administration is lying.
12. Hillary never sent or received classified information through her home-brewed server.
13. When a Democrat says it, it’s the truth. When a Republican says it, not so much.
14. Republicans lie more than Democrats.
15. ObamaCare is not in a Death Spiral.
16. Trump took Thomas Jefferson out of context.
17. People are not more optimistic about the economy.
18. Trump did not save the F-35 contract.
19. Waterboarding doesn’t work.
20. Mike Pence denied evolution.
21. Republican Senator Ron Johnson Denied Humans Affect Climate Change
There is a bunch more lies, but I just ran out of Internet…
Read Nolte’s entire piece at the Daily Wire.
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.