Thanks to Joe Biden’s mismanagement of the economy, food prices have soared to the highest they have been since the worst of the inflationary 70s.
Americans are being bashed with high food prices for items such as fruit, vegetables, bread, eggs, milk, and the like to an extent not seen since 1974, according to Breitbart News.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics Producer Price Index showed on Thursday that consumer food prices charged by U.S. producers rose two percent in July compared with the previous month. Compared with a year ago, consumer food prices are up 15.8 percent, the highest year-to-year rate of inflation since 1974.
That’s an even higher level of food inflation than was reported in the Consumer Price Index released on Wednesday. It showed prices for groceries rising 1.3 percent compared with the prior month and up 13.1 percent compared with a year ago, the most since 1979.
The Producer Price Index measures prices received by U.S. businesses, so it excludes imported goods and does not include sales taxes, both of which are included in the Consumer Price Index. The producer price barometer also includes export prices, which are excluded from the consumer price gauge.
This month the price index for exported food declined 3.6 percent and is up 12.3 percent, indicating the gains in the consumer foods index represented U.S. consumers paying more for foods they purchase.
- Fresh fruits and melons: up two percent from a month earlier and 21.2 percent from a year ago.
- Fresh and dry vegetables: up 12.7 percent from a month earlier and 65.5 percent from a year ago.
- Fresh eggs: up 44.2 percent in July and 171.5 percent from a year ago.
- Bakery products: up 1.7 percent in July and 12.7 percent from a year ago.
- Pasta products: up 5.9 percent in July and 32.6 percent from a year ago.
Biden is simply destroying America.Commentary