Dear Time editors: ([email protected])
Re: “Next Generation of Leaders…Florence Pugh” by Eliana Dockterman, page 56, Time June 12, 2023
Yes, we need new leaders that might pave our way toward a viable future in America. But actresses and actors only entertain. They don’t solve catastrophic climate destabilization, or 83,000,000 new babies added to the planet, net gain, annually. They lack any deep understanding that our oceans contain 170 trillion pieces of plastic and micro plastics, as reported by Scott Simon at NPR, that are destroying marine life into the millions-billions. They fail to address that fact that we’re losing 80 to 100 species 24/7 to extinction around the world. They seldom speak about humanity’s 8.0 billion people accelerating their onslaught of water, energy, and irreplaceable resources that allow every country’s ability to exist.
You would be better to interview and feature older, wiser and more effective leaders who you continue to ignore on the national stage:
- Blink: Humanity’s 300 Year Self-Terminating Experiment with Industrialism by Christopher O. Clugston. His research shows all our minerals, metals, energy reserves being exhausted by 2050 or sooner as the human horde grows by another 1 or 2 billion by mid-century.
- Roy Beck, population expert, author, speaker, of www.NumbersUSA.com, who scientifically projects that that America will add 100,000,000 more people, net gain, by 2050, give or take a few years. Those numbers cannot be sustained, yet you ignore his past 40 years of work on that topic.
- Don Collins, author of numerous books on overpopulation, writer, speaker, activist…who warns us of our overpopulated future.
- Dr. Jack Alpert, author, speaker, www.skil.org , who speaks prolifically about our overcrowded, unsustainable future not only in America but throughout the world. His video presentations are compelling, powerful and sobering.
- Richard Heinberg, brilliant author, Peak Everything: Waking Up to a Century of Declines, speaker, www.postcarboninstitute.org, who has written over a dozen books on our complete exhaustion of resources in the near future.
- Fred Pearce, author of, When the River Runs Dry, warns America that our water crisis will be the single greatest unsolvable dilemma we face in the next 25 years as America overpopulates itself into a water crisis.
- Paul Roberts, author of, The End of Oil: On the Edge of a Perilous New World, illustrates the downfall of major civilizations that depend on oil. Not a pretty picture for anyone!
- John H. Lawton, Extinction Rates, illustrates the accelerating rates of extinction of plants and animals on this planet. Harvard biologist, E.O. Wilson projected that 1/3 of all vertebrate animals will go extinct by 2050 and ½ by the end of the century at the current rate of human population growth.
- Frosty Wooldridge, America’s Overpopulation Predicament: Blindsiding Future Generations. Having bicycled across six continents to witness human overpopulation firsthand, he speaks at colleges and civic clubs as to America’s exponential growth that leads to collapse.
- David Durham, author, speaker, www.balance.org , working to bring about a rational population policy for America.
All of these specialists are in their 60’s, 70’s and 90’s with a wealth of knowledge light years beyond the youth in your special addition. You need to interview them to gain their wisdom, their understandings and their solutions.
Our final reality by Dr. Albert Bartlett: “Unlimited population growth cannot be sustained; you cannot sustain growth in the rates of consumption of resources. No species can overrun the carrying capacity of a finite land mass. This Law cannot be repealed and is not negotiable.” Dr. Albert Bartlett, www.albartlett.org , University of Colorado, USA.
Frosty WooldridgeTags: Comentary