1. A creative “work” (including article, news piece, screenplay, synopsis, or story summary) has been submitted for publication on a Liberty Alliance web and/or social media property or properties. I understand that Liberty Alliance has no obligation to read and evaluate said work or to inform me of its evaluation, if any. I understand that Liberty Alliance has full discretion to remove said work or modify it after publication without notice.
2. I understand that Liberty Alliance will refuse to accept or otherwise evaluate any work in the absence of the acceptance by me of each and all of the provisions included of this release form.
3. I represent and warrant that I am the true author of the work submitted and that I have the exclusive and unconditional right and authority to submit said work to Liberty Alliance for publication. I warrant that any and all accompanying photos, artwork, or other images were produced personally or obtained from a photo supplier legally and in no way infringe upon the copyright of any third party (eg. Shutterstock.com). I hereby indemnify and save Liberty Alliance harmless from any and all claims, expenses, losses, or liabilities that may be asserted against or incurred by Liberty Alliance at any time in connection with the said work and/or any image utilized in conjunction with it’s publication. I acknowledge that I am solely responsible to ensure the work and accompanying image(s) are free of any copyright.
4. I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship exists between me and Liberty Alliance (unless outlined in an Exhibit A) and I further acknowledge that no additional relationships are established between Liberty Alliance and me by reason of this release, or by reason of my submission to Liberty Alliance of said work.
5. I acknowledge that Liberty Alliance receives numerous submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions, and articles that may be similar to or identical to this submission. I understand that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by Liberty Alliance of any such similar or identical material. I acknowledge that the presentation of the work to Liberty Alliance will expose the work to others and that I fully know there is risk in sharing ideas with anyone when soliciting a creative work. I hold Liberty Alliance harmless of any wrongdoing should Liberty Alliance receive a work submission similar to my own which may be also published through Liberty Alliance properties.
6. This release extends to Liberty Alliance, its agents, affiliates, employees, vendors, officers, directors, owners, and volunteers and any party associated with the company.
7. In the event of any dispute concerning said work or concerning any claim of any kind or nature whatsoever, arising in connection with said work or arising in connection with this Release, such dispute will be submitted to arbitration. Each party hereby waives any and all rights and benefits which he or it may otherwise have or be entitled to under the laws of the State of Georgia to litigate any such dispute in court, it being the intentions of the parties to arbitrate all such disputes according to the provisions hereof. Either party may commence arbitration proceedings by giving the other party written notice thereof by registered mail and proceeding thereafter in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association. The Arbitration shall be conducted in the county of Paulding in the State of Georgia, and shall be governed by and subject to the laws of the State of Georgia and the then prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators’ award shall be final and binding and a judgment upon the award may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
8. I hereby acknowledge and agree that there are no prior or contemporaneous agreements, oral or otherwise, in effect between Liberty Alliance and me pertaining to said work including, but not limited to, agreements pertaining to the submissions by me of any ideas, formats, plots, commentary, or the like. I further agree that no other obligations exist or shall exist or be deemed to exist unless and until a formal written agreement has been prepared and entered into by Liberty Alliance and me.
9. Should any provision or part of any provisions be void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed omitted and this Agreement with such provision or part thereof omitted, shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall at all times be construed so as to carry out the purposes stated herein.
10. I hereby state that I have read and understand this release and that no oral representations of any kind have been made to me by Liberty Alliance and that this signed release shall supersede and otherwise overrule any and all other oral or written agreements.
11. I understand and represent that my submission of this signed form to Liberty Alliance with all release terms indicates my understanding and agreement to all said terms and is a legally binding document applicable to the laws of the State of Georgia.
12. I understand that iPatriot/Liberty Alliance reserves the right to update the Terms and Conditions at any time, for any reason.
13. I understand that by registering for the site I will also begin receiving email updates from Liberty Alliance and iPatriot, with the knowledge that I can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email updates I receive.