In his book “SPYGATE” Dan Bongino said that there are two different reasons the Left wants the Trump presidency destroyed. These two reasons are:
- The Democrats because, “they do not want Barack Obama’s policies reversed, and they don’t wish Trump’s victory to be a repudiation of his presidency. They want Obama’s legacy preserved unblemished”.
- The Never Trump (RINO) Republicans because “they want the power he took by becoming the unlikely president “of the people” returned to the safekeeping of the establishment class”.
I believe that Bongino’s analysis was correct initially, but it has gone way past that now!
Every day it becomes more obvious that the left (Democrats, RINO Republicans, and MSM) have become so desperate to destroy the Trump presidency they do not have any limits on what they will say or do. They are not satisfied with the possibility of beating him in the November 2020 election. They will never admit it, but if his presidency does survive until November 2020, they will not be able to beat him in that election. If the Left does not succeed in their frantic efforts to destroy his presidency before the November 2020 election President Trump will be re-elected, and the Left will not win a national election for many years to come! The Left will never admit this, but they know it!
The Left is so consumed with destroying the Trump presidency that it is the only thing they are focusing on, and any pretense of them exhibiting any morality, ethics or integrity in their actions no longer exist. They are also very organized and inflexible in all their efforts to achieve this goal. Here are a few recent examples:
- They suddenly got a new talking point to denigrate the President’s demands for a wall on parts of our southern border. They are all now referring to the wall as nothing but a Trump “vanity project”.
- They still angrily insist that the U.S. simply cannot afford to waste money on a wall. This is a ridiculous statement coming from the Left when it has a history of wasting money. Like the trillions of dollars, the illegal immigrants have cost American taxpayers already and are continuing to cost us because of the lack of proper border security.
- They still insist that the Obama Administration did not ever do anything wrong. A glaring example of this was Maria Bartiromo’s interview with a Connecticut congressman on her Sunday morning show on 1/13/2019. She asked the congressman about the Obama administration illegally obtaining FISA warrants during the 2016 presidential campaign, using those FISA warrants to illegally surveil American citizens, and then illegally unmasking a lot of those American citizens. The congressman, with a straight face, denied the warrants were illegally obtained. When Maria called him out on that blatant lie he tried to change the subject with his answer. But Maria refused to let him off the hook. She confronted him with specific details about how the DOJ and FBI misled the FISA court judges to get the warrants and then used the FISA warrants illegally over and over again. I got so disgusted by the congressman’s behavior that I turned the TV off! This was not an isolated incident of the Left blatantly lying about the Obama administration’s illegal activities as it worked to elect Hillary.
- The number of Democrats who are planning to run for president in the 2020 elections is literally beyond comprehension. When the number of candidates began to grow so rapidly I wondered why the party leadership, that is so inflexible and focused on its efforts to destroy the Trump presidency, was allowing this to happen? And then it occurred to me that this is by design! With 30, 40, 50 or more prominent Democrats campaigning in the Democratic presidential primary they will overwhelm all the media in America. Especially with the MSM’s open hatred for President Trump and his supporters. As I thought about this it occurred to me that this is a brilliant anti-Trump strategy. With this many people campaigning on the national stage they will dramatically reduce President Trump’s visibility in the media. They will also overwhelm the national media with constant attacks on the Trump administration. It does not matter to the Democrats which one of their candidates wins the primary as long as they all focus on attacking Trump and do not attack each other. This strategy also has the added benefit of showcasing to the general public how deep the Democratic party’s pool of powerful and well-qualified people is (powerful and well qualified by their hard-Left standards). And the candidates have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Even when all but one loses the primary they all will walk away with overflowing campaign war chests. This is money that they can spend just about any way they want to in the future, and they will have a huge boost in name recognition on the national level. Only time will tell if the party leadership can keep them all focused on attacking Trump and not each other?
- And then you have the never-ending Trump Russia investigation! While this alleged collusion was happening, with no proof of criminal behavior what so ever uncovered so far, the Obama administration was openly meddling in elections in other countries on a regular basis! And they were doing this with U.S. taxpayer money and U.S. taxpayer-funded staff! This was being done through a little-known U.S. government agency that is part of our State Department, “USAID” (United States Agency International Development). From 2012 to 2016 this agency gave Soros’ Open Society Foundation almost five million dollars to fund its operations in Macedonia named “Open Society Foundation – Macedonia”. This is just one glaring example of the Obama administration’s constant meddling in other countries’ politics, using U.S. taxpayer dollars!
It is obvious that the Left’s singular objective from now until the November 2020 elections is to drown out any and all GOOD news from the Trump administration and replace it with their propaganda. I think the Left is totally underestimating President Trump and all his middle America supporters!
The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author and are not not necessarily either shared or endorsed by iPatriot.com.