Those liberal-fascists who want to confiscate our guns to allegedly “protect” us from gun violence, do not understand the crucial importance of the right to bear arms. Or, they do not want to understand, because they have an evil agenda.
Every free citizen of every country has and needs the right to bear arms not for hunting, not even for self-defense, but to defend themselves against a tyrannical government that would enslave them. Every dictator in the last 100 years has immediately confiscated the arms of its citizens. Hitler did this. Stalin did this. Castro did this. A tyrant must disarm its citizens to enslave them, to prevent them from fighting back. A country whose citizens do not have the right to bear arms is either a tyranny, or a tyranny in the making.
It is no coincidence that the Swiss Republic has remained free for over 600 years. Before World War II, the Swiss required all men to serve in the military for a period of time, and gave the men their rifles when they left the military. So most Swiss men owned a rifle and knew how to use it. The Swiss even required all adult males to have a rifle in their homes and be trained to use it. This is one reason Hitler thought twice about invading Switzerland in World War II. The Germans would have faced an armed populace of millions, where every man had a rifle and was ready to use it to repel the invader in every village and mountain pass.
In contrast, why were six million Jews herded into concentration camps so easily? Because they had no arms to resist, and were defenseless. Yet, when a handful of Jews decided to rebel in the Warsaw ghetto, and obtained arms, it took an entire German regiment over two months to subdue the rebellion. Without arms, the Jews of Europe were sheep. With arms, they became lions.
Our Founding Fathers knew from hard experience why they had the inalienable right to bear arms — it was to fight the tyranny of the British crown. Let us remember why the British marched on Lexington and Concord on that April morning in 1775. They intended to confiscate the colonists’ arsenal of guns stored at Concord. The British wanted to disarm the Colonists, to take away their only means of self-defense against British rule. They got the shock of their lives at Concord.
Here are some quotes from our Founding Fathers, who pledged their lives and their honor in defense of liberty, and who were victorious only because they were armed.
- “The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” — George Washington
- “The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” — Samuel Adams
- “When any nation mistrusts its citizens with guns, it’s sending a clear message. It no longer trusts its citizens because such a government has evil plans.” — George Washington
- “Millions of men, women, and children since the introduction of Christianity have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effects of coercion? To make one half the world fools, the other half hypocrites.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “There is no week, nor day, nor hour, when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.” — Walt Whitman, American Poet and Journalist, 1819 to 1892
- “Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American. … The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” — Tenche Coxe, Delegate for Pennsylvania to the Continental Congress, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.
- “Arms in the hands of the citizens may be used at individual discretion for the defense of the country, the overthrow of tyranny, or private self-defense.” — John Adams
- “When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually … The people have a Right to mass and to bear arms; that a well Regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State. …” — George Mason, delegate to the Constitutional Convention
- “I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people. …” — George Mason
- “From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” — George Washington
So if and when a typical liberal-fascist rants at you about arms control, you can point out that there would be NO America if our Founding Fathers did not have arms, and he might never have been born (which is the only positive side to his argument).Tags: Gun control guns
The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author and are not not necessarily either shared or endorsed by iPatriot.com.