Perhaps some of you have seen this information, I hope so. However as you will see, I am convinced something must be done to correct so much of the ill-informed thinking that players use to validate the NFL protests.
NFL players perform for us and we pay them very well for doing so. All we require of them is they practice their little skits during the week and then on the day of their scheduled performance put on their costumes and perform. If they keep insisting on having their little snit fit protests they are welcome to rent the stadium and host a protest, but do not hold “We the People” hostage to watch them. The Great American public pays their wages, if they continue these ill-informed protests the players then will watch what happens when we stop watching them.
A NATIONAL TOTAL BOYCOTT OF THE NFL IS PLANNED FOR SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12TH VETERANS DAY WEEKEND.
Boycott all NFL football telecasts. All fans, all ticket holders are asked to say away from attending or viewing any and all NFL games on Sunday, November 12th; let the NFL play to empty stadiums.
Trending: Canadian Protesters Beg Trump for Help!
Pass this along to all your friends and family. Honor our Armed Forces and Veterans. Honor our national anthem and our glorious flag. Let us all make this a day the NFL hierarchy; the owners, the advertisers and the players pay attention to. All Americans have a right to peacefully protest what they wish to, but NOT during the playing of our national anthem. That shows ignorance, an utter lack of patriotism and a total disrespect for our Veterans, living and dead, and everything for which they stand for, “Duty Honor and Country.”
If you agree, please help this message go viral.
Here are my thoughts and beliefs on why these protests started, what they are all about and why factual information needs to be disseminated so the NFL, owners and players have no excuse to continue their demolition of the league.
So here we go:
A few weeks ago I had been busy and hadn’t turned on any NFL games until late in the afternoon; when I turned on the T.V. I was watching the Giants and Eagle’s game. At that time the Giants were two losses and no wins in the season, not only that, the Giants hadn’t even scored one touchdown in the first two games and when I started watching the game in the third quarter they still hadn’t scored a single touchdown. So at that time, for 10 quarters no touchdowns for the N.Y. Giants football team. About that time Eli threw a pass to Odell Beckham for a touchdown. After catching that touchdown pass, Mr. Beckham went to the ground in the end zone and started to perform some kind of weird gyrations, I guess in an attempt to make him look important. Just what a losing team needs, more distraction. Of course the Giants lost to the Eagle’s that Sunday as well.
It made no difference to Mr. Beckham that the league had instructed every NFL team prior to the season opening, those kinds of ridiculous end zone antics would receive a 15 yard un-sportsmen like conduct penalty on the ensuing kick-off; a fifteen yard kick off penalty that might allow the opposing team to acquire great field position and put the defense in a tough spot. Not a problem for Mr. Beckham, he plays offense.
No not a problem as far as Mr. Beckham was concerned. It used to be said that there was no “I” in team meaning the team is composed of people who all strive together to succeed and no one person on the team is supposed to deliberately try and hog all the glory. Now as we have seen far too many times in the past few years, the new “Team” is spelled, “TEAME” and the “ME” for some players is more important than the team.
After watching Mr. Beckham’s escapades I said to hell with it and turned off the game. Quite frankly I no longer have much interest in watching some NFL player, who is making loads of money, make a routine play, and then act up like he just won the Super Bowl and it happens again and again in too many NFL games, too often.
Like many of you I played a little football in my life and when I was playing, if any player on any team I played on conducted themselves in the manner that too many of today’s NFL players routinely do, the coach would have yanked them to the side lines, sent them to the showers and maybe off the team. I for one am heartily tired of watching the nonsense; get over yourselves and just play the dammed game.
I am reminded of a story told by Joe Namath on a sports talk show many years ago. It seems when Namath was in his first year as the quarterback at Alabama under Coach Bear Bryant, he said he had made a bad play and turned the ball over. As he came to the sidelines in anger he had pulled off his helmet, threw it to the ground and then sat on the bench. He said Coach Bryant came over, sat next to him, put his arm around his shoulder and started talking in his ear. Namath said from the stadium stands it must have looked like the coach was trying to give him some words of encouragement. Namath then laughingly said what Coach Bryant really told him was, “You little son of a bitch, if you ever do anything like what you just did again (not the turn over, the helmet) I will kick your ass all the way back to the locker room.” Ah yes that was a coach, ah yes those were the days.
And then the bombshell, later that day I was enraged by what I saw on the news; many NFL players on different teams blatantly dishonoring our national anthem and flag by showing disrespect for both. That day started a change in my viewing habits.
Like many of my friends I served in our Armed Forces. Our credo was Duty, Honor and Country. It was our DUTY TO HONOR OUR FLAG AND COUNTRY. I served in the Viet Nam war, a war in which we had over fifty-five thousand casualties. Those men and women served under our glorious flag and had died or had become disabled while serving under it. Anyone who commits acts that dishonor that flag and my country is my enemy.
I believe that most of my fellow countrymen and women feel the same.
These foolish people in the NFL from G.G. that would be gutless Goodell down to individual team owners and members have started something, that if they do not correct, will result in the demise of the NFL as we now know it. If the NFL sees a drop of attendance and viewing audience in the 25 to 35 percent range, which I believe may happen if this garbage keeps on, changes will take place. Oh yeah all of you clueless players who have chosen to dishonor our national anthem and flag better start to understand those multi-million dollar salary’s will become extremely scarce and the owners will become very unhappy people. For myself I now watch college football, enjoy those games.
That afternoon I made a decision, I was finished watching any NFL games until the disrespect for our national anthem and flag by NFL teams and players has stopped and will not happen again without serious consequences for the teams and players who commit these disgusting acts. As we now know, hundreds of thousands of my fellow Americans have made the same decision.
So my question is how did we get to this place, what are the players protesting about, do they even know, and why is there such a vast amount of ignorance involved? Let’s start to shovel the muck up and cast some truthful light on those subjects.
The vast majority of Americans of any race, religion or ethnicity do not like anyone dishonoring our national anthem and flag. The overwhelming majority of Americans love to stand proudly during the playing of our national anthem at sporting events because doing so honors our country, flag and all the men and women who have given their lives, or who have become disabled fighting to keep our country safe, free and a light to the world.
This NFL mess started with Colin Kaepernick who at one time was the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers. Now Kaepernick is no longer playing in the NFL, the 49’ers released him. By releasing Colin the team only had to pay him 2.5 million instead of the 19 million they would have had to pay him if he had remained a 49er. That decision saved the 49ers almost 17 million in cap space plus the team and fans longer had to suffer the embarrassment to the franchise by this self-indulgent man.
It seems every other team in the NFL didn’t believe he was worth the problems he would bring their teams and so Colin is still sitting on his own bench and whining about the fact that nobody wants him on their team; his NFL career seems to be over. Why?
Well Colin had been benched as the starting quarterback for the 49’ers, perhaps not all his fault, there were coaching changes among other changes for the team but he was benched. It appears that Colin then decided to do something to try and make him-self relevant once more. His choice was to latch on to the “Black Lives Matter” falsehood that white law enforcement was engaged, without any justification, in a plot to hunt down and kill black Americans, that American law enforcement is racist and brutal to black Americans and he demands social justice.
Colin stated that, “I am not going to stand up and show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.” “There are bodies in the streets, people getting paid leave, getting away with murder and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way.”
So Colin is supporting the “Back Lives Matter” crowd and aligning himself with its ominous beliefs and its destructive agenda. It is incredulous that now some other NFL players have accepted the BLM false propaganda and sunk down to Colin’s level. Well yes Colin there are bodies in the streets but not because of the pathetic but dangerous deceits you and the BLM are using in an attempt to justify your disloyalty.
Actual example: The black on black shooting and murder rate in Chicago during the last several years is larger than the dead and wounded rates suffered by our troops fighting a war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes there are bodies in the streets Colin and that destruction has been going on far too long in Chicago and other cities around this country. Most Americans do not realize that Chicago has been the primary distribution point for the Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel in our mid-west, a lot of money in play, you know just saying. Of course that isn’t what Colin and the BLM schemers want you to hear, what they want the people in our country to hear is that white American law enforcement is shooting innocent black people.
As we have seen for years with the Democrat Governor of Illinois, the Democrat Mayor of Chicago and for the eight years of the Obama Democrat presidency nothing was done in Chicago, no effective action was every put in place to stop this slaughter. I always believe, follow the money.
Of course if Colin and the rest of the NFL protesters were really concerned with black bodies in the streets, instead of trying to look relevant and racially formidable, these moneyed folks just might open their wallets instead of their mouths. If they were as fundamentally concerned about black lives as they try to convince themselves and make us believe, why then haven’t they taken the tough and steps required to inspire huge demonstrations to save black lives in places like Chicago where the real destruction of black lives by other black people is and has taken place? Why haven’t they gone on national T.V., radio and sports talk shows to work up a demand the shooting and killing by blacks of other blacks be stopped?
If a group of NFL players supported by the NFL and the owners would do that the reaction would be immediate and overwhelmingly positive by the people of this country regardless of race, instead some black players and a few white players have chosen to dishonor our national anthem, flag and the men and women who have served and died defending our country and our way of life; insane.
The actual truth is that there are thousands of black people being shot and wounded and destroyed by other black Americans in cities like Chicago, that is where the actual atrocities against black Americans are taking place. That is where the savagery must be challenged and stopped. So why do so many NFL players, without checking or investigating the reality of their protests dishonor our national anthem and flag, why do so many NFL owners not challenge the players false beliefs, why does the NFL commissioner not have the strength and courage to insist the players obey the NFL rules on standing for our national anthem. Good questions, no good answers.
Why is it that so many black and even some white NFL players seem to go along with the BLM lies? Why do they allow themselves to be so misinformed? Accurate information about law enforcement in this country is readily available. I guess the BLM anti-American anarchists and the Soros funded progressive mindset that demands its brand of political correctness, now insists that American law enforcement is bad, blacks are unfairly suffering because of it and that anyone who argues about that conclusion is a “Racist;” that must be the case because I have yet to hear any major T.V. or radio sports talk people say a word against kneeling, sitting, fist raising and other methods that disrespect our national anthem and flag; cowards.
Ok folks, now we are going to get into some harsh criticism. Keep in mind that this information is slanted at a minority (but a significant minority) of this country’s black Americans and a minority of NFL players. Please keep in mind this article does not apply to the majority of black Americans who are good and patriotic Americans. However the criticism is badly needed since I haven’t seen or heard anything like it anywhere else. All of the black race baiters, the white left wing progressives and the Soros backed media consider anything or anyone that doesn’t kowtow to their lies, racists.
Well too bad because here are some facts that the NFL, the owners and the protesters need to aquaint themselves with if they are going to be taken seriously by most Americans, as for Colin, well it doesn’t matter, Colin he has already chosen to destroy his reputation.
• Despite making up just 12.3 percent of our population, black Americans commit over half the homicides in the United States. Department of Justice statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, black Americans committed 52 percent of homicides, compared to 45 percent homicides committed by whites. More up to date statistics tell a similar story. In 2013, black criminals carried out 38 percent of murders, compared to 31 percent for whites, again despite the fact that there are five times more white Americans than black Americans in our country. Our Law enforcement, black and white, is responsible to handle these problems.
• From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 percent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault were black Americans. This figure is three times higher than the 12.3 percent of the black population figure. When one accounts for the fact that it is black males aged 15-34, who account for only about 3 percent of our population, are responsible for the vast majority of these violent crimes that figure is even more staggering. Our law enforcement, black and white, is responsible to handle these problems.
• Black Americans make up only 12.3 percent of the U.S. population yet according to the National Association of the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) black Americans constitute nearly 1 million of the total 2.3 million incarcerated populations and have nearly six times the incarceration rate of white Americans.
• Most gun crime in our country is committed by black Americans. The firearms homicide rate among black men aged 20-39 is about 89 per 100,000. To put that fact in some international perspective, in Honduras, the country with the highest recorded international homicide rate, there were 90.4 murders per 100,000 people. By the way, that includes all murders in Honduras not just firearm homicides. Think about it. Our law enforcement, black and white, is responsible to handle these problems
• Most violent crime in this country is committed by black Americans. More interesting, during the 2012/2013 period black Americans committed an average of 560,000 violent crimes against whites whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. That means black Americans were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites. Our law enforcement, black and white, is responsible to handle these problems. Black America, please stop with the excuses.
• Black Americans in the United States are more likely to be victims of violent confrontations with American law enforcement than white Americans because black Americans commit more violent crimes than whites per capita. So if black Americans want this statistic to go down there must be vast morae changes in the black community.
• Despite the fact that black Americans commit greater numbers of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE AS LIKLEY TO BE KILLED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. However as the New York Times and the Washington Post enthusiastically point out, there are five times more white Americans than black, so that means statistically black Americans are 2.5 times more likely to be shot or killed by law enforcement than white Americans. What the Times and Post go out of their way to never mention is, black Americans commit over half of Americas violent crime, black Americans commit 38 percent of the murders in our country verses 35 percent by white Americans and yes there are 5 times more white Americans than black Americans. Taking those statistics into account, of course law enforcement is more likely to encounter a violent situation with black Americans. I could go on but just reread the above paragraphs. So much for the BLM and Colin’s lying propaganda.
• Ok folks, all of the above information is slanted at minority (but a significant minority) of this countries black Americans. This article does not apply to the majority of black Americans who are good patriotic Americans.
This article has been harsh criticism but a criticism that I believe is badly needed since I haven’t seen or heard anything like it anywhere else and the record has to be set correctly. But let’s go on.
Social Justice. I think I have heard that term used so many times when NFL players are attempting to explain why they gratuitously insist on dishonoring our national anthem and flag. They don’t believe they receive “social justice” in this country.
Well I think NFL players receive much more “social justice” than they deserve and here is why: All of the following are or were NFL players.
1. Travis Henry, fathered 11 children by 10 different women. He was sentenced to prison for cocaine trafficking. Gutless Godell reinstated him after his release. What a guy.
2. Dante Stallworth. He was convicted of being high, drunk and speeding when he hit and killed a pedestrian. He served only 24 days in jail and went on to play for four more NFL teams. Oh yeah and Barrack Obama then invited him to the White House, of course he did.
3. Marshawn Lynch. In 2008 he helped create a “sense of social justice” by performing a hit and run on a women. His punishment was a lousy $ 100 dollar fine and then the NFL swept it under the rug. He has twice been arrested for possession of illegal firearms without punishment. Yes he is still playing for an NFL team.
4. Adam “Pacman” Jones. Suspended from the NFL six times for everything from fighting to selling cocaine. He is still playing in an NFL that only slaps his hand so that kids can look up to him as a role model.
Ok enough of this faux complaint about “social justice” it could go on for far too many pages, so let’s just take a look at arrests records of players on NFL teams since 2000:
Minnesota Vikings 42 Cincinnati Bengals 40 Denver Broncos 36
Tennessee Titans 31 Miami Dolphins 28 Kansas City Chiefs 28
Jacksonville Jaguars 27 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27 Cleveland Browns 26
San Diego Chargers 25
Indianapolis Colts 24 Chicago Bears 23 Seattle Seahawks 20
New Orleans Saints 20 Washington Redskins 18 Oakland Raiders 18
Baltimore Ravens 18 Carolina Panthers 18 Green Bay Packers 17
Pittsburg Steelers `17 Atlanta Falcons 16 San Francisco 49’ers 16
Detroit Lions 15 New England Patriots 15 Buffalo Bills 14
Dallas Cowboys 13 New York Giants 13 Arizona Cardinals 12
New York Jets 11 Philadelphia Eagles 10 Houston Texans 9
Saint Louis Rams 8
Total Arrests of players on NFL teams since 2000, 656.
If you were working for a company with 32 locations across our country and that company had 656 people arrested since 2000, many for serious and even dangerous crimes and many of those arrested still working for that company, but whining they hadn’t received “Social Justice” what would you be thinking had gone wrong with that company; yeah, me too; some “Social Justice.”
First Amendment rights under our Constitution:
I must have listened to at least four NFL players insist on the T.V. that no one was going to stop them from exercising their 1st Amendment rights to free speech by keeling or sitting during the playing of our national anthem.
Well let’s take a look at that.
Various courts, including the Supreme Court have decided many times that employees have a right to 1st Amendment free speech, if it is made outside of the employee’s official duties.
Furthermore if you work for a private company you may legally be penalized for expressing a “taboo” opinion at the work place.
Famed Lawyer, Alan Dershowitz has put out a statement saying that the players in an NFL stadium have NO RIGHT to kneel during the playing of our National Anthem. The reason it is happening is the owners are not enforcing the NFL rule that states, “Players must stand during the playing of our national anthem.
Those are just some of several 1st Amendment court rulings and opinions that give Gutless Goodell, his administration and the NFL owners the absolute right to demand NFL players, when at their work place, the football stadium, cease and desist dishonoring our national anthem, our flag and all of the brave men and women who have served under them. Gutless Goodell and the NFL owners need to locate their shriveled scrotums, act like patriotic Americans and knock off this B.S. The NFL is already on a downward spiral, wake up you fools.
I think it far past time that someone should educate the players to the fact they have no 1st Amendment right to free speech while in a football stadium, which is their employers work place, if their actions diminish their employers business and man is that diminishment taking place. One would think that all of these College and University educated (?) players could at least read.
It is hilarious that we have been hearing for months and years how powerful Roger Goodell is as the NFL commissioner. How many times on sports talk shows have we listened to NFL players and their agents moan and groan about how powerful Goodell is and that the players have no power under the current agreements they signed. Are Roger, his administration and these not only billionaire but multi-billionaire NFL owners too weak to use that power to support the honoring of our national anthem? Are they ignorant of what is taking place in their businesses and this country? Are they afraid to enforce their own rules because of the chance they will be called RACISTS?
These sheltered people need to acquire the courage of the brave men and women of our Armed Forces and insist that everyone in their area of responsibility honor our national anthem and our glorious flag; if they cannot, then “We the People” will make them pay.
The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author and are not not necessarily either shared or endorsed by iPatriot.com.