During a separation from 2010 until the final divorce decree, Bill O’Reilly, an Anchor of his The O’Reilly Factor show on the Fox News Network, and Maureen McPhilmy, O’Reilly states in court papers that Maureen spent $10,000,000.00 to keep an ongoing relationship with her now husband.
Bill O’Reilly making a name for himself for his “No Spin Zone” on his Fox News Network show airing daily at 8pm EST is also known for his tremendous amount of donations to veterans and other charities. In the last few years, he has also gone on the road with Dennis Miller in a “Who wants to be President” show around America.
“Fox News host Bill O’Reilly is reportedly planning to sue his ex-wife for $10 million.
According to court documents obtained by Gawker, O’Reilly has accused Maureen McPhilmy of misleading him on the terms of their separation agreement.
In the same documents, O’Reilly claims McPhilmy used the money she obtained from their agreement “to finance an existing extra-marital relationship.”
Gawker speculates that extramarital relationship is between McPhilmy and her now-husband Jeffrey Gross, who’s a detective with the Nassau County Police Department on Long Island.”
Obviously, his opine and quick snapbacks to certain guests did him no good in the courts or at home. There are children involved in this situation, and as always, children are the ones hurt. With the money that could be speculated that O’Reilly makes on Fox news, it would be nothing for him to rack the loss up as a mistake in the decision, and move along for his children, as well as his professional life.
The outlet noted they started dating after O’Reilly and McPhilmy separated in 2010, but before their divorce was final. O’Reilly reportedly responded to news of their relationship by getting the police department to launch an internal investigation of Gross.
Another filing reveals O’Reilly’s attorneys have requested that all future filings related to this suit be kept under wraps. Neither he nor McPhilmy has yet to respond to requests for comment.
So after going through a public divorce, and the humiliation of his children, to try and protect his professional stature, he requests all future filings be suppressed? Sounds like he may be embarrassed by his and his ex-wife’s antics.
So the update on the divorce and custody battle is the following:
- Bill O’Reilly, 66, has filed a lawsuit against his ex-wife Maureen McPhilmy accusing her of having an affair during their relationship
- Claims she used money from divorce to finance ‘extra-marital relationship’
- O’Reilly is asking that McPhilmy, 50, pay him $10million
- McPhilmy is now married to Nassau County Police detective Jeffrey Gross
- During the couple’s prolonged custody battle it was claimed in testimony that O’Reilly dragged McPhilmny down their stairs by the throat
- In March, McPhilmy was granted full residential custody of the pair’s two teenage children, a 13-year-old son, and 17-year-old daughter, after a prolonged custody battle.
- These papers were filed just one month after McPhilmy was awarded custody of the children following a four-year court battle during which testimony claimed that the couple’s daughter had watched O’Reilly dragging her mother down a staircase in their home by her neck.
The Fox News host denied this allegation, calling it ‘100 per cent false.’
He later added in a statement; ‘All allegations against me in these circumstances are 100 percent false. I am going to respect the court-mandated confidentiality put in place to protect my children and will not comment any further.’
As usual, instead of telling the truth upfront, we have to check court records to see that these allegations were strong enough to award custody to the mother. There had to be something to these allegations since we are looking at a very famous, and powerful persona.Tags: Bill O'Reilly
The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author and are not not necessarily either shared or endorsed by iPatriot.com.