Tuesday’s biggest news wasn’t the Trump rape trial announcement, but the news that Tucker Carlson is already back, and not only is he calling Fox News a bunch of liars, he is willing to turn his back on a $25 million payoff to start a new program based on Twitter!
On Tuesday afternoon, Carlson posted a short video to Twitter to announce that he is about to launch a new program in collaboration with Twitter chief Elon Musk that is “coming soon.”
Tucker’s video is straight and to the point. He calls the legacy media — including Fox News — a bunch of liars that manipulate the news.
Here is his announcement:
We’re back. pic.twitter.com/sG5t9gr60O
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) May 9, 2023
“Starting soon, we will be doing a new version of the show we’ve been doing for six-and-a-half years to Twitter,” Tucker said in the video. “We’ll bring some other things too, which we’ll tell you about. But for now, we’re just grateful to be here.”
He closed, saying, “Free speech is the main right that you have. Without it, you have no others.”
He also pointed out that the media lies to you every day.
Carlson said his new show will “tell you stories” about what it’s like to work in the lying mainstream media, especially through what they refuse to report. He adds that the media only allow its staffers to tell so much of the truth, the approved amount, and if you “bump up against those limits often enough, you will be fired for it. That’s not a guess… that’s guaranteed.”
“The rule of what you can’t say defines everything. It’s filthy, really, and it’s utterly corrupting.”
He promises that he will be 100 percent free from these restrictions with his new Twitter show.
Hilariously, fewer than 20 minutes after his announcement went live, the video had already earned more than 700,000 views. Why is that hilarious? Because it is more viewers than anyone at CNN earns during any time slot throughout a whole day.
There is another interesting aspect to this announcement, too. It would seem to mean that Tucker is willing to give up a $25 million payment from Fox to launch his Twitter-based program.
As Dylan Byers notes:
🚨 NEWS: Tucker Carlson will relaunch his show *on Twitter* with help from former Fox News staff. He will forgo at least $25 million owed to him by Fox Corp. in order to break non-compete clause.@PuckNews
— Dylan Byers (@DylanByers) May 9, 2023
The point of this is that Carlson’s current Fox contract does not run out until Jan. of 2025, which is obviously months after the 2024 presidential election. So, this new Twitter venture would almost certainly violate his non-compete clause in his contract with Fox. Starting this Twitter show now is a violation of his contract, you can be 100 percent sure of that.
This is big news and it very well could presage a major change in the media landscape.
As to that Trump news, he was not convicted of rape in the civil trail, but he was found liable for sexual abuse of whackjob E. Jean Carroll.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston, or Truth Social @WarnerToddHustonTags: Commentary
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.