Contrary to the left’s claims that Trump’s political influence is fading, on Tuesday all 22 of the candidates he backed in Ohio and Indiana won their primaries.
All. Of. Them.
One of the more important — and high profile — contests was outsider J.D. Vance’s Senate primary win in Ohio over establishment candidate Josh Mandel.
Vance, the author of the popular book “Hillbilly Elegy,” gained Trump’s endorsement and went from the back of the pack to heading the pack in a matter of weeks. And he won convincingly, leading with 32 percent of the vote on Election Day.
Former White House political director Brian Jack celebrated the victories.
Jack told Breitbart News, “What we saw in Texas earlier this year was confirmed yet again tonight: President Trump’s endorsement is the most important endorsement in politics. His endorsed candidates are a combined 55-0 in 2022 primaries, a continuation of the historic endorsement streak of success that started during his time at The White House.”
The other Ohio candidates that won include:
- Secretary of State Frank Larose – Republican nominee for Secretary of State
- Attorney General David Yost – Republican nominee for Attorney General
- Treasurer Robert Sprague – Republican nominee for Treasurer
- Auditor Keith Faber – Republican nominee for Auditor
- Rep. Steve Chabot – Republican nominee for the 1st Congressional District
- Rep. Ben Wesntrup – Republican nominee for the 2nd Congressional District
- Rep. Jim Jordan – Republican nominee for the 4th Congressional District
- Rep. Bob Latta – Republican nominee for the 5th Congressional District
- Rep. Bill Johnson – Republican nominee for the 6th Congressional District
- Max Miller – Republican nominee for the 7th Congressional District
- Rep. Warren Davidson – Republican nominee for the 8th Congressional District
- Rep. Mike Turner – Republican nominee for the 10th Congressional District
- Rep. Troy Balderson – Republican nominee for the 12th Congressional District
- Madison Gesiotto Gilber – Republican nominee for the 13th Congressional District
- Rep. Mike Carey – Republican Nominee for the 15th Congressional District
The candidates in Indiana include, Reps. Jackie Walorski, Jim Banks, Jim Baird, Victoria Spartz, Greg Pence, and Larry Bucshon, are all incumbents currently serving in the United States House of Representatives.
So, tell us again how Trump is a has been?Commentary Donald Trump elections Indiana Ohio